I love to roast chicken pieces ahead of time, but you can also easily purchase a rotisserie chicken from your local supermarket and use that instead. Either way, this chicken salad is so tasty and can also be adjusted to fit your favorite tastes. We think the addition of seedless grapes, almonds and fresh dill are part of what make this chicken salad so wonderful.
How about a close up of all this deliciousness? You can almost taste how good this is just by looking at it.
There is a reason this is hands down the most popular chicken salad recipe not only on How To Feed a Loon, but on the internet, too!!
BEST-EVER CHICKEN SALAD
KEYWORD: CHICKEN SALAD
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 50 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 8 PEOPLE
CALORIES: 245 KCAL
AUTHOR: KRIS LONGWELL
This Best-Ever Chicken Salad is really wonderful. Perfect for incredible chicken salad sandwiches (croissants are great!), or ton top of a lovely bed of green. Either way, you’re just going to love this Best-Ever Chicken Salad! Using our Homemade Mayo recipe makes it even better!
- 3 – 4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well) (You’ll need about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved (red and green varieties are great)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool. Remove the skin then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dll, & parsley.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the mayo/mustard mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!