homemade cream of mushroom soup is full flavoured and so easy to make, you won’t buy soup in a can again!
The deep earthy flavours of a classic home-made cream of mushroom soup recipe can’t be beat, especially when it’s ready in minutes. You’ll never open a can of mushroom soup after trying our recipe!
You will love how easy this is to make! Walking in to the kitchen to throw a few ingredients together, only to come out with a warm creamy bowl of comforting soup in minutes.
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is full flavoured and so easy to make, you won’t buy soup in a can again! Ready and on your table in minutes.
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 6 SERVES
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 g) fresh brown mushrooms sliced
- 4 teaspoons chopped thyme divided
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (any dry red or white wine)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1-2 teaspoons salt adjust to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoons black cracked pepper adjust to taste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half (sub with evaporated milk)
- Chopped fresh parsley and thyme to serve
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and 2 teaspoons thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt, pepper and crumbled bouillon cubes.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, while occasionally stirring, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in cream or half and half. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil). Adjust salt and pepper to your taste
- Mix in parsley and remaining thyme. Serve warm.
This recipe and image adapted from : https://cafedelites.com