THIS ONE POT SAUSAGE ORZO SOUP WITH SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE, ORZO PASTA WITH RICH TOMATO FLAVOUR IS DELICIOUS AND TAKES ONLY 20 MINUTES TO MAKE.
Delicious Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo is our new favourite. It has so much of flavour and texture in every spoonful of it. A loaf of crusty bread and a big bowl of this soup is definitely going to be a winter comfort food.
Refreshing tomato-based broth, spicy Italian Sausage, Orzo pasta and Spinach, this Soup is really very satisfying and filling. I am sure this Sausage Orzo soup will get you through the winter.
This Sausage Soup is already a household favourite. Tomato Soup is an all-time favourite and I make it very frequently. When the regular Tomato Soup gets an upgrade with spicy sausage and pasta, it is even better, isn’t it? My little one was very excited to see those cute little Orzo pasta and of course, there was a lot of cheese on the top for her.
Sausage Orzo Soup
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 5 people
Calories: 597 kcal
- 500 grams Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Orzo Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 28 Oz Tomato
- 1 tspn Dried Oregano
- 2 tspn Dried Basil
- 1 tspn red chili Flakes
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Spinach (Tightly Packed)
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Heat Oil in a heavy bottom pan. Once Warm add chopped onion and garlic. Saute until the onion has softened and raw garlic smell is gone.
- Roughly break sausages to small chunks. Add to the pot. Saute for 5-6 minutes until they are browned and aromatic.
- Deglaze the pot by adding stocks. Scarp the bottom of the pan to remove any brown bits. Stir in the tomatoes.
- When the stock comes to a boil stir in Orzo Pasta, oregano, basil, Red chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Cover and let it cook for 10-12 minutes in the medium-low heat until Orzo is almost cooked.
- Stir in Spinach to the pot and let it cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Stir in half and half, grated parmesan cheese.