Yes, the hubby whipped us up this Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich and it is PERFECT! I love Chick–fil-A but really can not afford to take the whole family for chicken sandwiches very frequently. The hubby was on a mission to come up with a perfect copycat recipe for the original Chicka-fil-A and I think he found it. Quite a few unique steps to make it taste like the real thing.
If you are a fan of chick-fil-A you know that the chicken sandwich has some unique textures and flavors. There is of course a process to get those specific textures and flavors. Save yourself some dollars and make yourself Chick-fil-A at home. Pretty simple once you have this CopyCat Chick-fil-A recipe.
CopyCat Chick-fil-A Sandwich
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Pickle Juice
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 cup Peanut Oil for frying
- 4 Buns buttered and toasted
- Pickle Slices!
- Put chicken in zippered bag and pound gently with the flat side of a mallet until about 1/2″ thick.
- Cut each breast into 2 equal pieces.
- Marinate chicken in the pickle juice for about an hour.
- Beat together egg and milk in a bowl.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to about 350.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg covering both sides, then coat in flour on each side.
- Fry each chicken piece for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Then serve on toasted buns with pickle slices.
This recipe and image adapted from : https://cincyshopper.com