Deluxe Egg Salad – Looking for an upgrade on the traditional egg salad? Try this Deluxe Egg Salad! It includes cream cheese, grated onions and is by far my favorite version of egg salad
Are you a fan of hard boiled eggs?
Growing up, I don’t recall hard boiled eggs ever being served to us as a breakfast or snack item.
I do recall seeing them on Chef Salads at school and generally avoiding them because they were somewhat of a foreign food to me.
I did however, have the occasional egg salad sandwich, which was edible but not loved.
My mom always made the traditional kind with eggs, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and a little celery.
YIELD: 8 SMALL CROISSANTS OR 4 LARGE CROISSANTS
Deluxe Egg Salad
Deluxe Egg Salad – Looking for an upgrade on the traditional egg salad? Try this Deluxe Egg Salad! It includes cream cheese, grated onions and is by far my favorite version of egg salad.
PREP TIME10 minutes
INACTIVE TIME 1 hour
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons celery, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Mayo (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped or squished with a fork.
- Croissants or Bread
- Paprika (optional)
- Dill Pickle Relish (optional)
- Bacon (optional)
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in celery, mayo, onion, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Serve on bread or croissants
- Sprinkle with paprika or add dill pickle relish or bacon if desired.