These Easy Crispy Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips are only 40 calories per serving, gluten free, grain free and low carb too!
This recipe is a perfect home run for me. I love picky finger foods for New Year’s Eve. Just something about watching the Dick Clark or I guess I should say now the Ryan Seacrest New Year’s Eve Countdown and enjoying light bites in front of the TV.
You can make this recipe in the oven if you don’t have a dehydrator.
The key to making a real good chip out of zucchini is all in how you slice it. Use a mandolin or food processor to get the slices as thin as possible. Toss with my other ingredients and you’ll be in denial how fantastic these are!
What’s even better????? Knowing that one serving is just 40 calories!!!
Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 hours
Total Time 12 hours 15 minutes
Calories 40 kcal
Author Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini about 2-3 medium
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil avocado oil or sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Use a mandolin or slice zucchini as thin as possible.
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
- Add zucchini in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Depending on how thin you sliced the zucchini and on your dehydrator the drying time will vary, anywhere from 8-14 hours. My temperature setting was 135 degrees F.
- To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly. Bake at 200 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Rotate half way during cooking time.
- Store chips in an airtight container.