The best potato meal! A French scalloped potato packed with a creamy cheese sauce and levels of Gruyere! This is actually the perfect comfort meal.
I am not necessarily sure what I could write that may actually attract your focus on my terms and from that picture…let’s take the time of silence…
What you observe here folks may be the extremely glorious Pommes Dauphinoise. Pronounced pom doe-fin-WAHZ.
Pommes actually indicates apple company, pomme de terre indicates potato. Meaning apple company of the planet earth. Nevertheless, the French make use of pommes as a brief title for potato aswell. As with pommes dauphine or pomme frites (French fries) or our present culprit…pommes dauphonoise. Which is called Dauphinoise since it originates from the Dauphin area in France. Simple peazy 🙂
State it… it actually sounds attractive doesn’t it? And appearance at it! That’s one sexy seeking meal! All cheesy and fantastic brownish…ahhh cheat food here I arrive.
POMMES DAUPHINOISE RECIPE
- 10-12 Mugs thinly sliced up potatoes work with a knife or perhaps a mandaline
- 2 Mugs Fontina Cheese finely grated
- 1 Mug Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tbs butter melted
- 4 Tbs flour
- 1 quart lotion 4 cups
- 8 oz lotion cheese reduce into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic minced on microplaner
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Kosher Sodium and Freshly damaged Black Pepper
- New Chives sliced
- 2 Tbs butter for cooking pan
- Butter a 9X13 cooking dish.
- In much container melt the butter and whisk within the flour. Make the roux for a couple minutes over moderate heat to prepare off the natural flour taste.
- Add the lotion to the container and whisk the roux in to the cream before sauce is easy.
- Add the lotion cheese chunks and whisk until easy.
- Time of year this with garlic clove, nutmeg, Kosher sodium and pepper.
- Construct a coating of potatoes, sprinkle them gently with sodium and pepper.
- Ladle a slim layer from the sauce on the potatoes and sprinkle with Fontina and parmesan.
- Add another coating of potatoes and continue doing this process again and again before potatoes have died, ending having a coating of sauce and parmesan along with a sprinkling of new chives.
- Bake at 325 levels for one hour or before potatoes are sensitive and the very best is golden brownish.